Friday, August 31, 2012

Hard Boiled Eggs
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Other Time: 15 minutes


As basic as this recipe seems, I get lots of calls and text from family and friends on how to properly boil an egg so I decided to add this recipe for all those of you who have this issue. I hope it helps.

Add eggs in a single layer on the bottom of a saucepan. Cover eggs completely with a couple inches of cold water. Starting with cold water and gently bringing the eggs to a boil will help prevent them from cracking. You can also add a teaspoon of salt if you desire. Some people thinks this helps to peel the eggs easier after cooking. I will let you decide that for yourself.

Turn the burner to high and bring the eggs to a boil. Once eggs have come to a boil remove from heat and cover. Let sit covered for 15 minutes.

At the end of 15 minutes strain the hot water out of the pan and flush eggs with cold water. Repeat this process as many times as needed to cool the eggs enough to handle. At this point you can either peel and enjoy them, or store them covered in your refrigerator until ready to use. For best flavor they should be used within 5 days of cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment